Want to have the best Valentine’s Day? Do something special for someone who is not expecting anything from you. Want some ideas? Here you go!
1. Hand write a note to someone, telling them how much you appreciate having them in your life. Then deliver it to them.
2. Buy a morning beverage for that coworker who thrives on a morning pick-up.
3. Empty the dishwasher without being asked.
4. Empty the dryer, fold the clothes and put them away, for everyone in your home.
5. Bring a tray of healthy breakfast treats to work for your coworkers.
6. Call someone who is alone today and chat.
7. Smile, say hello and look people in the eyes as you pass them in the hallway.
8. Write a poem for someone special.
9. Shovel that walkway/driveway for a neighbor without letting them know (snow required for this one!)
10. Spend time with someone and put the cell phones AWAY!
Keep in mind that not everyone enjoys this day. Sometimes it brings up memories of a relationship that is no more. It may remind someone of a loved one that has passed away since last year. Whatever the reason, be sensitive to those around you. And when it comes to your husband, wife, boyfriend or girlfriend, just spend time together. It doesn’t take any money, it costs your time. That is truly priceless.